Walk and Talk Therapy
What is Walk and Talk Therapy?
Walk and Talk therapy is a mode of therapy that takes traditional talk therapy outdoors in the form of a walk with your therapist. My clients choose this option when they want the experience and flexibility of a walking session in a nearby park vs an office session. What are the benefits of Walk and Talk Therapy?
• Exercise is known to reduce anxiety and depression.
• Walking is a bilateral activity that can energize creativity and problem solving.
• Being in nature has been shown to help our mental health.
• Walking and being outdoors is an excellent place to practice mindfulness.
• Meeting with your therapist in a pleasant outdoor setting can motivate clients to stay on track with their mental and physical self-care.
Who can benefit from Walk and Talk Therapy?
Individuals who are experiencing anxiety, depression, relationship issues, self-esteem issues, life transitions, as well as those working through traumas may find benefits from having sessions outdoors.
No comment published yet.
Leave A Reply
Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *.